K Machine is unique in our ability to provide standard rebuilds for all the major brands, as well as new drop-in replacements. Drop-in replacements are designed in house by experienced gear engineers and available for popular brands such as Falk, Kadant, Link-Belt, Nuttall, Hansen, Sumitumo, H&S, Phily, and Eisenbeiss just to name a few.
For our customers who own spare gearboxes, we provide climate-controlled long-term storage (fluid/seals and shaft prep, quarterly rotation & monitoring) as well as 24-hour, expedited shipping of any inventory item on demand.
We are an authorized Timken and SKF shop with 250,000 square ft and 70 tons of lifting ability, and your one-stop source for 24/7/365 gearbox service.
Gearbox Repair Facilities
- Full-service, turnkey, gearbox repair for steel mills, pulp and paper mills and mining operations among other industries
- Full-time Staff of Experienced Gear Technicians; Millwrights; Certified Welders
- Equipped with boring mills, CNC lathes, gear cutting, gear grinding, reverse engineering and inspection and test stands
- In-house transport and trucking capabilities up to 180,000lbs with permitting
- CNC machining, parts supply and manufacturing
- We conduct an alignment of components, a no-load spin test and calibration of your gearbox following re-assembly as a standard procedure
- Each repair is completed with a no-load spin test to check for any leaks, document bearing temperatures, monitor for vibration and final inspection of oil for any metal, debris or contaminates