During an outage, your company’s in-house machine shop can understandably become overwhelmed with projects. Customers have come to rely on K Machine because hiring skilled field machinists as “turbine outage support” can greatly reduce bottlenecks along the critical path.
Our on-site machining includes:
- Experienced field machining superintendents who are very familiar with large steam turbine and high-pressure valve outage work in power generation (fossil-fired, nuclear, waste-to-energy, hydro), oil & gas, and pulp & paper industries
- Services such as line boring, stud removal, flange refacing, and horizontal joint repair
- Portable machine shops and lathes with capacity up to 200 tons/12-foot diameter
- Flange facers with up to 10-foot diameter
- Over 300 custom-designed pieces of portable machining equipment
On-Site Machining Centers
For customers who would like to take advantage of this cost-saving convenience, we offer our “Mobile Machining Centers.” These 53’ or 48’ machining centers have a critical lift plan and load-test certified hardware, and they are:
- Fully outfitted with your power plant outage in mind
Available for rent by the week or month and must include a day-shift Machining Supervisor and night-shift Lead Machinist. Typically booked 6 months to 1 year in advance, we recommend planning with us far in advance of your scheduled outage.
Our machining centers vary slightly in design and tooling (customized for customer workscope needs) but generally arrive equipped with:
- Dedicated Tractor / Mill and Lathe with Digital Readout
- Bench Grinder / Band Saw / Metal Cabinetry & Bench Workspace
- Flammables Cabinet / Air Conditioned / Electric Heat
- Personal Protective Equipment – Harnesses, Lanyards, Etc.
- Racked Inventory of Assorted of Steel / Air Compressor
- Sand Blasting Cabinet / Tooling / Consumables
- I-Beam Steel Cutting & Mounting Bench
- ½ Ton Gantry Crane & ½ Ton Hoist
- Dedicated 350 LX Miller GTAW/ MSAW Welding Machine
- Power Requirements (Provided by Customer): 480V – 3 Phase – 100 Amp